Pin It

nosebleeding



I took a couple of tests today for a job I'm applying for (yes, I have finally decided to go back to work).


The first 3 tests were fairly easy but then again those tests are designed for beginners in the industry I have 4 years of experience. So it is expected of me to pass. Shame on me if I didn't.
The test facilitator asked me to take the 4th test which was Advance Technical Experience. I thought, hmmm, this shouldn't hurt after all I have technical experience. I have handled technical accounts for 3 years so I was pretty confident this test will be fast too.
It was a 75-item-choose-the-best-answer kind of test. First question: “_______ is an example of an Internet connection.“
A.) Mozilla
B.) Modem
C.) DSL
D.) none of the above
I chose D for the first question and moved on to the next 2 questions. I had to click “Next“ to go to the next set of questions. 
Question number 4 was theoretical about what possible reason could cause a printer not to be recognized by Windows Vista. I raised my left eyebrow and exhaled slowly. It suddenly dawned to me that I will fail that test. No argument. It's that reality of that situation and as I tried hard to make a “wise“ choice out of A, B, C, and D the devil in me was bitching why in the first place is this person using a Vista?!? I wouldn't have to suffer trying to make a WAG if this moron just used a Mac. As I keep on trying to answer (yeah, I won't quit) the remaining questions where it involves problems with XP and Vista the more I felt peeved.
Okay, maybe I am snotty for using a Mac. So sorry, so sad but the truth is the steps involved to troubleshoot a windows machine and even doing basic steps is so complicated when there is a simple process. I simply cannot grasp how people can embrace the complexity of that OS when life is already difficult. Computers are suppose to work for man but my personal experience with Windows is it wrapped me around it's grubby fingers.
I've switched long ago to Mac but it seems to get a job means being mired again by Windows. I think I should just start my own business...


Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: