Pin It

oy

I chatted with Mr. Lonc today. As usual I had to start with the “How do you do?” and he gave me updates on their pipes freezing at home. Ick! The perils of living in Saskatoon. 


Now I was only asking him to give me additional permissions in our internal website as I am doing a different job but quite similar to the ones I used to do except I am only required to render half the usual hours per week but with a higher pay (high five!). Whew! Anyway... He has this uncanny way of asking questions that usually make my brain seem like it’s seeping out of my ears. 


Today he asked me if I have an anti-virus installed in my computer. Erhmmm..................................... 


I can lie and get this over with. But I can tell the truth too and be snobbish. I decided to be snobbish and tell him the truth. Of course he countered it that Macs are now targeted with viruses. Involuntarily I felt my left eyebrow rise. Shure, shure. If you say so. I appeased him by telling him I will look for some anti-virus for Mac but my firewalls are good already. 


Grudgingly, I downloaded and installed Norton Anti-Virus 11.0 for Mac. Hmp! Piece of crap. I’m manually scanning my entire system now out of compliance. So far it has scanned 10,902 out of 424,117. My computer will be up all night because of this slow poke. My poor fan, my poor screen, my poor hard drive. I should have lied, it would be lesser pain.

Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: