Pin It

on June 13, 2008

I know that I haven't been writing much. Honestly, I feel like I lost a limb.

Last Friday, I turned on my MacBook and heard the usual "Bong!" and stood up to check on my duckies. I know the sequence already of my MacBook, it will take a good minute before all my tools would be ready. After a couple of minutes I went back to my seat and discovered that my screen was still in the second step - GREY.SCREEN. Right then I felt queasy and nervous. This is not right...

I used to be connected with Apple and I went through the motions of their technical training also even if I was to take a managerial position. As I stared stupidly at the grey screen I was slowly transported in a four corner room filled with technical support agents and my lesbian trainer asking what to do on an instance where a kernel panic happens. I felt panicking right then and there. I hope this isn't one of the kernel panic cases. But base on my experience, Kernel panic or no Kernel Panic, nothing is worse than erase and install.

Ten minutes later and having paced so much my screen finally changed. But it was still bad news. Flashing folder with question mark. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! So it's still going to be erase and install. My three thousand songs, innumerable movies, excel files, thousands of pictures, applications, preferences. Shit! Shit! Shit! Why did I not back-up last week when I was musing about it. Why of all days did it happen that day.

One of my duckies looked at me smugly and said that my stars did not align. It seems like Friday the 13th caught up with me and bit my ass bad. This comment made the other duckies grin. It wasn't funny. I feel pain. And it was getting more painful because I realized I do not have a Leopard install disc. I am now one of the statistics of Apple users who did not back-up and regretted it.

So for four days now my Mac is in the hospital, and I have resorted to using Ubuntu and it's coarse interface. I feel terrible because when he comes back he won't recognize me anymore. I would have to do the getting to know you like Adam Sandler in 50 First Dates. I am the saddest.

Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: