Pin It

brrrrr ber

Snowman illustration from Jenn Hogg Art.


Tadz and me were walking on the way to the office. We took a short walk to the convenience store near the office to buy some stuff. You know. Stuff.


We got to talk about today being the start of the -ber months. She laughingly shared that when she opened the radio early this morning the station was playing Christmas carols. It's absurd how Filipinos love to countdown days.. or months months months away before Christmas.


As I sat on my desk nostalgia came over me. Another year, another Christmas, another happy day for everyone but me because it's another Christmas I am alone. I didn't want to feel weepy and sappy over a day but gosh!!! It's hard not to feel lonely on a day when families are suppose to be together. I try to remember my past Christmases with Tanduay Girl and her family but that made my eyes sting. With my trip to Canada around the corner, Christmas in Boracay doesn't seem a possibility anymore. 


*Sigh* My mind can't handle it yet. So I did what I am always good at... I ran. I ran from sadness. I ran from tears. I ran from pity. But even as I ran I looked around and I realized that no one is beside me. And I am still lonely.

Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: