Pin It

six months ago today

I had to remind myself that this call was long distance. And I’m paying for this phone call. Because I just realized that I was rambling which is not normal for me. Yes. Not normal despite my ADHD. It was difficult to focus on my words though and what I wanted to tell her. When I would think of what I want her to know about him, my mind goes haywire with the sensory overload of his laughter or his smile or just even his name. I felt bad for her then, having to listen to me ramble.


I have no clue if I made my self coherent or not or if she even had an iota of what I was going thru thinking about him. But after so many minutes of expensive long distance ramblings she said, “I think he’s the one for you.” I laughed partly because of relief that she took my words and feelings seriously despite my poor relationship track record, and mostly because I felt the same way. I felt that he is “the one” and I am hoping we were both right.


That was six months ago. I still think it’s a miracle that I’ve found the one guy who is both thoughtful and reliable, also sexy and a wonderful lover. He really is the best of everything. An unaffected, down-to-earth boy from Georgia who loves spaghetti and country music and fishing. Yet also a brave soldier and respectable police officer. A natural in parenting his children. He is handsome without being vain. Scrupulous but not judgmental. Confident but not arrogant. He did exactly what he was going to do - no exceptions - yet retained an air of mystery that kept me on edge, kept me wondering.


He cared little what others thought of him, yet seemed to earn everyone’s respect. He was coolly aloof yet somehow still passionate. And I fell hard and fast in love with him, overwhelmed by the certainty that our feelings are as equal as they are real.

Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: