Pin It

beyond words

William Shakespeare famous monologue from the comedy As You Like It starts with the lines, “All the world’s a stage and all men and women mere players.”


In a way he’s right except life does not hand you a script for you to rehearse nor does anybody give an applause when you finally bow out. There are no retakes but you are expected to do things right in the eyes of your fellow men, your standards, or God’s. But it’s not really the parts we play that I am have been musing about lately, it’s more of the music.


If the world’s a stage and we are mere players, what music would be playing?


Bach’s Solo Cello No. 1 in G Major Prelude would be the music that would best describe my life. Melancholic. Turbulent. Hopeful. Every time I listen to this classical I hear the story of my life. Each of the arpeggiated chord is like each event in my life that has struck me down, pulled me up, pushed me forward, made me stand still. How I started out naïve until I became angry and spiteful for all the adversaries in my life until I experienced grace and being forgiven and the slow rise to maturity and living up to my name “Love” started happening. It’s still happening. I’m still evolving. So the part at almost the end of the prelude where the notes crescendo like one victorious triumph has not happened yet. But I feel it coming soon.


At the stage of my life when words fail but my emotions cannot remain silent I let this music play to let my emotions unravel and for a moment refresh my soul.

Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: