Pin It

being thankful

Happy Birthday to me! I'm a year older and hopefully a year wiser. I have received some gifts and received more greetings. And I find myself foolishly smiling even if there is nothing funny. As I write this post I goofly smile at the screen. Having the past year was something to smile about, cry about, frown about, angst about. But today as I celebrate another year, I've decided to smile of all the options I have.


I am thankful. For having an appendectomy before my appendix burst. For getting a chance to work for Apple. For meeting special people like Mr. Ghamian and Mr. Gigolo. For ending my hero-worship for my former boss and finally realizing that I don't want to emulate him. For having a chance to help 3rd mate in his difficult time. For losing him and winning his friendship again. For spending time with Kitty Kat and the General. For being able to find a job after losing one. For being able to see the ugliness in me and work to change it. For being able to see Mt. Mayon and the islands in San Antonio. For being able to finish my papers for Canada. For having friends who accepted and understood me in the most difficult time of my life. And for having new friends who accept and understand me in the second part of my life.


I am happy. For the longest time in my life I have never felt this happy. And here is one of the funny gifts I got today. This one from Kitty Kat.


Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: