Pin It

brave mr. bio-blue

If someone were to ask me why I live where I live for so long (4 years now) it would be because it's in the middle of everywhere. Right here, I am five minutes away from bars, schools, malls, schools, hotels, government offices, and even the red light district.

Five days a week I walk from Ayala Center to my place. I've gotten a habit since working at Bamm-Bamm to drop by Ayala and window shop just to take my mind off work and, often, just escape the heat of the 3 o'clock sun.

These past few weeks though, I can't help but grin whenever I step out of the mall. It's silly really. Kinda embarrassing to admit also. Like hellooooooo!!! Thinking about it gives me the willies but I can't help myself but grin everytime I step out the Metro Ayala side of the mall.

Three weeks ago I was doing my usual exit when one of their security guards bowed at me and said, "Thank you for shopping at Ayala Center ma'am." I did my usual curt nod while looking straight ahead (I'm too much of a bitch to smile, so sue me). But as I was halfway out he added, "Ingat po kayo! Ingat!"

It doesn't even look funny when I type it. But this guard said it ala John Lloyd Cruz in his Biogesic Commercial. Seriously, he is the only guard I know who ever said "Ingat po kayo! Ingat!"

I figured this guy had a promotion or a raise or it was his birthday or his boss asked him to do that. The following day as I walked out of Metro Ayala and head home that same guard said the same things, "Thank you for shopping at Ayala Center ma'am. Ingat po kayo! Ingat!" And he said the same thing the next day and the next and the next up to today as I strolled out.

Me and my big ego initially thought that this blue boy has the hots for me, erhmmm... but of course I was wrong. Mamang Security Guard said the same things with the same enthusiasm to other shoppers walking out the mall. I kinda felt relieved. In the midst of a fuel crisis and tough challenges we Filipinos are facing lately, his enthusiasm is comforting and encouraging.

Now I wanna write to Wish Ko Lang and ask them to grant his wish. Para s'ya naman ang mag-ingat.
Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: