Pin It

the things i know

I picked up the Colonel at the airport yesterday. Alot of people have expressed surprise that I did that. They've asked if we're friends now. And I smile in response because I honestly don't know.

All I know is that two weeks ago my aunt, the Colonel's eldest sister, had a stroke. She's my aunt who took me in when my parents could not afford to send me to school. She had a stroke a day before she and my uncle was to fly to Canada.

All I know is that my sister's mother in law has stage 3 cancer in the colon and she was operated the other day by my cousin. The son of my aunt who took me in.

All I know is that my uncle, the Colonel's brother, 5 varices veins in his esophagus almost burst in Uganda and it was timely that he was able to go home to Canada before it erupted.

All I know is that my cousin's son cannot walk and even the best tools of doctors in Canada could pinpoint the problem.

All I know that when I watch the news every night I see faces of families crying because their loved ones are still undersea with the weight of M/V Princess of the Stars on them.

So all I know now is there is no sense of fighting, no sense of arguing, no sense of holding any grudge at the Colonel and we both agreed that as he visits for my birthday we will not fight. Because life is too short for petty quarrels and prideful hatred.

Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: