Pin It

some firsts

If there is anything I enjoy most, it will be food. Cooking and baking as well as eating great tasting food.


The Colonel, my foster parents and some of our friends celebrated my birthday at Laguna Garden Cafe. The newly renovated restaurant showed acoustic ceilings and warm lights which is cozy. Alot of people I know usually complain because it takes them so long to serve their food. But the trick with this restaurant is to make a reservation and also order food when you make a reservation. Having done this, our food was served in less than 10 minutes. And that's when I overstuffed myself.

Being pescetarian eating has been challenging because Cebu loves their pork and chicken barbecues. Almost every street corner you would find a barbecue stall and puso* thus I find it tedious looking for healthy options that does not involve meat for any two legged or four legged animal which usually have me compromising by eating chicken (but never pork or beef... eeew!). Anyhow, having dinner at Laguna Garden Cafe made my tummy happy. I had sinigang na pugapo, baked scallops, fresh lumpia while the meat loving others had their share of lechon kawali, chicken pandan. Oh and for the first time in my life I was able to taste puto bumbong**. Yay!


After dinner I went home and went to The Outpost which is another first. This watering hole has been around for a couple of years now and I have passed by it everytime I go to Busay but had never tried to go there. Over the years my desire to gimmick has lessened and I would only go out if close friends and family invite. Because it was my birthday I decided to go out with him and enjoy a beer and some angry music by Post Mortem. The last song we heard them play is Seek and Destroy. This was the last first I and him had because we never heard a band play this live before.  

So that's it for my birthday. It was a good break despite the hardships happening. Now I'm looking forward to moving to Canada. I pray it happens very soon. 


*puso - hanging rice/palm-packaged rice shaped like a heart

**puto bumbong - steamed glutinous rice with ground ube cooked using a bamboo cannon 
Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: