Pin It

surviving

Big Brother’s Housemates are making so much bruhaha over the coming days. It is getting to be intimidating. Especially on Monday when temperature will drop to minus ten. When I go to bed tonight I will wake up with snow falling from the grey skies and my boots crunching on it while I walk praying I don’t slip. 


As they continue to chatter about it I was brought back the day I was giving Marian a massage. We were talking about how cold this country is. I know where I am at is not as cold as other places (like Yellowknife or Edmonton or Great Lakes) but it is still cold for our Asian bodies. Canada is such as vast country also that we can’t find fresh fish or meat in the grocery. Everything is frozen like my bum. 


Marian said something that made me think, “It’s odd that our country is not prosperous when we have the best climate, fertile land, abundant resources.” I do not want to become like some Filipinos who just because they reached a different country would give my homeland an upturned nose. But I can’t help myself but agree with her. I scratch my head also and wonder. 


But the question to ask is really not “Why?” but “Now that I’ve realized it, what can I do to make things happen?” It would take every ounce of strength to avoid being selfish and insensitive. The three life goals I’ve set are cemented more into my conscience. I cannot allow myself to just shrug my shoulder and not take any responsibility.

Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: