Pin It

shame on you

If I hear her say “I deserve to have the weekends off because I’ve worked for them for four years” one more time I will bash her head with a coffee pot!


Okay, maybe bashing is too much. Bashing is violent and will get my nice butt on a plane with the words “DEPORTED” on my passport. But everytime I hear her say “I deserve it” I see red and I just want to slap her for saying those words (O-kaaay! Slapping is violent too!!!)


I hate. Hate. HATE. HATE those words. 


I remember having dinner with him (like one of the last few we had before I left) and the girl taking our order didn’t acknowledge him when he asked for a glass of ice (and I think she was snippy at him also). He doesn’t like to be treated that way because he thinks it’s poor customer service (I concur!) so he talked to her condescendingly and he even raised his voice like two decibels higher. When she came back with our orders, including the glass with ice, he didn't say thank you so I asked him why. He looked at me with one eyebrow raised and said in a straightforward, self-righteous manner, “She didn’t deserve it.” I think the people at the other table heard my gasp because at the corner of my eye I can see them looking at me and then him and then me like they were expecting a plate would be flying to his direction.


“She didn’t deserve it!” “I deserve it!” Hello!?! 


Who are we to say who deserves what and that we deserve something?!? Seriously! Can you tell me if any of us deserve anything? Every day, the number of humans increase by approximately 200,000. Out of these 200,000...


- not all live

- some have genetic defects

- most are born poor and middle class

- some are abandoned 

- some grow up abused and neglected


If from the very beginning these innocent babies do not get the best in anything and everything then who are we to claim that we deserve anything?!? We do not even deserve to be born or be humans but we are and we get what is given to us. No matter how much we give we will get only what is given to us. Whether it’s love, wealth, power, position, or anything our heart desire.


There are millions of people who eat only once a day, do not have a roof over their head, cannot get a proper education, cannot even have a clean drinking water, and experience heart-wrenching hardships in their lives. You who have a job --- a job you don’t really need, a job that does not require you to sell your body, a job that does not require you to cheat others --- isn’t that enough for you to be thankful and grateful? 


So spare me if I cannot swallow your bullshit that you deserve it. Don’t expect me to be sympathetic that you deserve the best work schedule in the world because I left my country, suffer your cold weathers, walk to work, consorted to eat pork because your city do not have any decent seafood, live and adjust to the moods of four people not even blood related to me. And you do not hear me grousing about this to you, do you?! So shut your trap please and get back to work. 

Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: