Pin It

chain reaction

Four months after being given the boot by The Corporation I find myself in the front of Mr. G, my boss of a month now. I was smoking and drinking my daily dose of Coca-Cola when he came up to me and talked to me of my future in the company.

I would honestly admit that it didn't come as a surprise that my boss had plans for me. So did all who met me. Since I started working when I was 18 my bosses had plans. Plans to bring me up in lofty places. Plans of seeing me grow in the company. At the start I was pretty excited and had the desire to give it my best shot at all times. 

I shared this news to Mr. Gigolo with fake enthusiasm. He was happy, of course, too happy to notice that I was faking it. After my own mentor stabbed my back last year, I realized today that I have trust issues. I work without the desire to please my boss anymore. I do my shit because I am having fun. And disgust creeps in when the boss talks about promotions because maybe behind those words are venom waiting to poison my heart again.
Digg!

0 tried to make D happier: