Pin It

*sniffle*

As I write this post I suck on some strawberry Strepsils and sip more water. I should be sleeping already. Like it's quarter to two in the morning on a Saturday but I am still up. And it's not because I have been in a party. No parties for me, no margaritas, no boys, or girls for that matter. I decided to stay home after bringing some chocofudge cheesecake to my foster parents' place. 


But I'm still up and listening to Gnarls Barkley, a gift from Mr. Gigolo, with a scratchy throat and wishing and hoping I don't get sick because hello, I'm Unemployed. I have to pick up my friend who will be staying with me over the weekend. Since the ship is arriving at 6 AM I decided to sleep early because I could never wake up at 5 in the morning even if I set an alarm. But this waiting is making me more sick.


Me and my friend haven't seen each other for years and while I like to hang out, I am feeling grumpy and bitchy because I just want to stay in bed and get better. The thought of having to entertain and be cheerful is giving me a foul mood. I want to stay in bed. I. Am. Sick. Leave. Me. Alone.


The past few days I've been going to bed and waking up sicker than the previous day and this is troubling because I remember feeling a scratch in my throat the day before I flew to Cebu. And the fact that I don't want to spend my money buying medicine or seeing the doctor goes to show how broke I am. 


And I know I should stop smoking while I clear myself from this possible cough and cold and sniffles. And I am disappointed at myself for not having the discipline to not light a stick. Maybe I can try not to light up this whole weekend. Or maybe I should go back to sleep to get better and let my friend wait until 10 AM.


~o~o~o~o~


Update: I didn't make my friend wait. I was prompt and was at the pier at 6 AM :-) I think my Strepsils are helping but a nagging feeling is telling me it's more my happy pills that is making me feel better... Anyhoo, all's well, I never realized how much I missed her til I saw her and got to laugh with her again.

0 tried to make D happier: