Pin It

worldly and corrupt

I think I got my dad frustrated. He thinks I have too many of everything that corrupts one's soul. I don't blame him, I tend to be a freak when it comes to shoes, books, and toys in no particular order. 


The first thing that caught his eye on our flight back to Manila from Boracay is not that I was sniffling but my brown pair of boots. I admit, my boots are eye catcher, anywhere and everywhere people notice me because of the boots. A cute guy who rode an elevator with me even said he liked it which makes me wonder if he's gay (not that I mind) or my shoes are that cool. Sam said it makes me look like an ass kicker. I think my dad got the wrong kind of kick and my shoes was a red flag.


The second thing he noticed was when I borrowed his MacBook. He raised his eyebrow not because he didn't want to lend it but because I have my own MacBook. I told him I got my iDVD corrupted and I want to toast the application from his computer. He asked why my iDVD got corrupted and I shrugged my shoulder, I don't know. He didn't buy this answer. Well, what can I say?!? I am clueless how it got broken but I know how to fix it if I don't have the installer disc. He did said much just kept on watching me as I toast his iDVD and trashed my iDVD and reinstalled the application.


The last straw, I guess, was when I got my hands on my new Nintendo DS. A gift from my parents and my youngest sister. It was torture not to play it the moment my fingers touched is brand new case. I couldn't play it for 3 days because the charger in it's box is 110v. So I had to wait until I was able to buy a charger and when I finally got myself a 220v my brand new Nintendo DS didn't even stay on my hands for a good 10 minutes when my brother whisked it and played, and played, and played, and played some more... *sob*


As they drove me to the airport today, my dad told me to save my money, God is coming soon and I need to invest on my future than my worldly ways. I felt penitent and I told him I will save my money. He said that's good. I made a silent vow never to mismanage my money again and stop buying shoes, books, and toys. As I sat waiting for boarding time, I pulled out my Nintendo and sigh with relief... toys are such bliss. Mario Party here I come. Maybe I should go to the mall and see how much is Mario Bros. game or the Mario Kart. But a thought struck me...


I'm not sure if he's seen my other tattoo. I guess not, otherwise, I'd be six feet under already.

0 tried to make D happier: