Pin It

watercooler chick

I had a night out last week with my friends in The Corporation. My pathetic life was, for a couple of hours, packed with people who I once worked with and smiled with and really mean it. Except for a minor blip of questionable characters popping up once in awhile and exclaiming “Darla!!!” and would sit with us to hob nob everything went well quite smoothly.  

These minor blip of questionable characters who popped once in awhile saying my name and would sit with us to hob nob are really a piece of work. You would love them. And I mean reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaally looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove them. They're the kind of people who would smile when you're riding on the top but wouldn't hesitate to devour you like vultures when you go down down down your lofty place. I wanted to shoo them off the table but out of respect to my friends who still work there I didn't. Sure I probably froze some of them, but I couldn't care less. Not then. Not now. Not ever. As they sat with us I can see the hunger in their eyes. Mmmmm...I think I'll throw some juicy scraps to these vultures for fun.  

Despite the sudden abortion from The Corporation 3 months ago I am still very much gossiped in the office and this was something I shared to AA. I feel like I am on some extended leave because people still talk to me about the latest office rumors and I am still talked about. There is an invisible umbilical cord attached to The Corporation and me and I can only wait until it dries up and get severed. She exclaimed that I have worked there for almost 4 years and I can't expect things to change yet.

Nothing surprising about that. I am not one who shies away from controversy and quite recently I used a primary picture that confirmed a controversial issue. This had my Friendster account suffer tachycardia and I waited until my former fallen angel for a boss checked my Friendster account himself before I killed the picture. I've reposted the picture for those voyeurs out there, I'm sure my Friendster won't suffer a heart attack. That was a fun game. 

But AA topped my prank by telling me a juicy tidbit that tickled me pink. I dunno how true this is but it sure is funny still. This time she shared about a featured video of me and my partner in crime in the old primary picture taken while we were strolling in the mall. This scandal was shown in my former fallen angel for a boss' Christmas Party last week. Up until that moment I had a strong belief that people celebrate the birth of Christ and give love on Christmas. This information made me laugh because of the irony of the entire Christmas celebration. They should have celebrated Hanukkah instead it would make much more sense.  

One of my former supervisors chatted me earlier and he and I got to talk about that scandal. If there is anyone I am concerned about being affected by such subject it would be him. I asked him if he felt betrayed when he found out. He said that it's a personal thing already and not part of business for him. This person who was one of the few I valued close to my heart when I was still in The Corporation suddenly moved closer to my heart. I must admit a sigh of relief escaped me comforted by the thought that the people I have picked before had never failed me. The people who stood by me in my darkest days in The Corporation are people I would never hesitate shedding blood for.  

As for the vultures...find another corpse. I owe you nothing.

0 tried to make D happier: